- Dates overview
- Sign up
Taking the Stage
4-day individual course
Take the stage, change the world
Think about the moments you want to make an impact on stage. Is it the presentation for the management board? The sales pitch for your dream client? A presentation for your employees about organizational change? A TEDx-worthy speech at a conference? The story of your business? Your political dream? Imagine that at those moments you’re able to:
- Be your most powerful self (more me)
- Say precisely what you want to say (more something)
- Inspire your audience to take action (moreyou)
Those three elements add magic to your communication. Only that magic can help you make a real difference with your audience.
“The only reason to give a speech is to change the world”
John F. Kennedy
Think about how often you’ve found yourself sitting in an audience thinking: this presentation is so boring. Dull stories are often filled with information that is of no relevance to you – the audience. We have a term for this: content dumping. You’ll never make a real impact by content dumping. If you want to learn how to engage audiences with authentic stories, if you want to inspire them in every presentation, pitch or speech, then look no further. Taking the Stage is the training for you.
In just four days of training, your Speech Republic coach leaves no stone unturned to help you rise above yourself. You spend so many hours on stage that it starts to feel like a home away from home, a place where you can be yourself, and where you find answers to all your learning needs. You’ve experienced the magic laws, in fact, you’ve mastered them. Now you can add magic to every story. You know how to take the stage in a way that suits you. You can put your skills to the test right away, as the course is concluded with a final presentation of your magic story.
Does that make your heart beat a little faster? Good! Nerves are a sign of respect for your audience. Feel the fear and do it anyway. Sign up for this course today.
After Taking the Stage
- You’ve mastered your presentation skills
- Your impact is much greater
- You’re a Magic Communicator!
The Taking the Stage course consists of an intake, four training days and a takeout interview. For more information: telephone us, or fill in your phone number on the right and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
You and your Speech Republic coach identify your learning goals during a personal intake interview. You are given a challenging homework assignment, which immediately reveals your own magic to you.
Day 1 (more me): Show your most powerful self
Discover how to increase your presence and how to let the audience feel your passion for your work. Learn how to grab and keep your audience’s attention.
Day 2 (more you): Inspire others to start doing something
Learn how to build focus into your story, to engage your (critical) audience and to present your story creatively – with energy and courage .
Day 3 (more something): Have the guts to say what you want to say
Discover how you can bring your vision to life with a bright outlook on the future. Learn to add tension to the story and inspire others with your own experiences.
Day 4 (Let me tell you something): Make the difference, feel the magic
You learn how to bring together the various me, you and something elements in your story. You discover ways to get the audience on the edge of their seats the instant you take to the stage.
After each session you receive personal feedforward – written, tailor-made feedback. It sums up your progress up to now but also identifies areas for improvement. It is immediately applicable, but it is also food for thought for the future.
A month after you complete the course, you have a takeout call with your Speech Republic coach, to discuss how you can get the most out of what you have learned.
In Taking the Stage we look at your leadership on stage and identify your individual, unique way of engaging your audience. Our one-of-a-kind approach, based on the magic laws of communication, consists of the following:
- Plenty of individual attention and feedback, focused on exposing your (hidden) talents and learning needs.
- We work in small groups (max. 6 persons per group).
- No standard presentation tricks, it’s about your development as an authentic speaker.
- Not a lot of theory. You spend a lot of time on stage because that’s where it all happens. As you experiment, you discover the benefits of the nine magic laws to you.
- There’s plenty of room for humor and reflection.
- You examine your own personality and discover what works best for you.
- You learn a lot from your fellow trainees; watching them on stage shows you what does (or does not) work.
- Complete with a fantastic final presentation where you get to share your magic story with an audience.
- You receive a certificate Master of Magic after successful completion of this course.
Want to learn more about our unique approach? Here you can read all about the Speech Republic approach and method.
September 21th-22th & October 5th-6th 2020 (Dutch)Apply
November 16th-17th & November 30th-December 1th 2020 (Dutch)Apply